Counterfeiting is an elusive problem for global automotive brands
Counterfeiting is an elusive and persistent problem for global automotive brands. Fake parts reduce sales, increase liability and warranty issues. Most importantly, they endanger your customers and damage your company’s reputation.
- Fake seat belts, brake pads and other safety-critical components are being sold in global marketplaces.
- Car owners rarely see the replacement parts being installed in their vehicles, so fakes and their packaging don’t even have to appear authentic. And many mechanics cannot to tell legitimate parts from counterfeits.
- Counterfeit parts are more likely to suffer premature failures. Their inferior quality has has been implicated in a high percentage of auto accidents.
- The Automotive Component Manufacturer’s Association claims that in India, 40% of replacement parts are counterfeit, and that 20% of the accidents are due to fake parts.
Businesses provide product information directly to consumers via VerifiR®, creating a feedback loop that empowers customers by enabling them to verify the authenticity of their purchases with a touch of their smart phones. For automotive brands, this creates a relationship that turns legitimate customers into your “eyes on the street” and ambassadors of your brand.
A 2015 ClickonDetroit news report, Counterfeit auto parts are a threat to auto safety, highlights the complex issue of identifying fake parts and avoiding having them installed in your car.
VerifiR’s Easy-to-Integrate RFID Tags for Smartphone Scanning
VerifiR’s groundbreaking counterfeit deterrent combines Radio Frequency ID (RFID) tags with Near Field Communications (NFC) technology for easy scanning via smartphone, plus cloud-based analytics for authentication.
The VerifiR® system is easy to integrate:
- VerifiR Tags are supplied for integration within your product or its packaging.
- VerifiR developed a patent-pending system and method to integrate RFID/NFC modules into carbon-fiber-based materials.
- A label affixed to the product guides the scanning location.
- VerifiR’s cloud-based software enables consumers or repair staff to validate product authenticity using modern smartphones or tablets.
- After purchase, buyers can be guided through a 1-click warranty registration, or led to a consumer portal for information on their new purchase (manuals, service guides).
The VerifiR tag is paper-thin and available in many sizes.
Serialized VerifiR tags come on rolls for easy integration with your product manufacturing process.
One US quarter for size reference. VerifiR tags come in a wide range of sizes and capabilities.